Thursday, December 17, 2009

Bunker Goodbyes






Over the summer my acrylic painting teacher told me that she had never seen the psyche so close to the surface as she did in Barcelona. Given that I was in a class where just about all other six students and teacher analyzed dreams, read tarot cards, or described the energy they felt that day I didn't think that the psyche was something that I in particular, would ever notice.
Nevertheless as I am about to leave this beautiful city I realize how true it is. (The other day my architecture and painting teacher mentioned what a surrealist city Barcelona was, which really got me thinking about it.) What an artistic city. The people, the art, the fashion, the culture, the city. After observing for about four months now I realize that yes, the psyche, people's subconscious emotions, ideas, and thoughts are expressed in so many different ways here and so visible through, again, the people, the art, the fashion, the culture, the city. I have definitely noticed that I also have had an artistic growth spurt just being here.
I was able to observe this the other day when I visited my favorite spot in Barce, the bunker, which I visited only once and for the first time last week. We went with our usual group of about 10 to an old military bunker on top of the city, covered in graffiti murals, mosaic, and frecuented by very surreal, I guess you could say artistic, people. The bunker permits views of the entire city and a clear day you can see for miles. While looking over the city, we were all silent though aware that all of us were thinking the same thing, taking in the city and our amazing time spent here that would soon be coming to a close. What a way to say goodbye to beautiful Barcelona all together and knowing we share something indescribable.



Orugas everywhere!

BCN <3

No comments:

Post a Comment